Optimism rules!

Hi, I am from Singapore, a Chinese male. That aside, I am a very boring people. So boring that my posts can make you feel sleepy. So if you have insomnia, read my posts. Just kidding, of course. Hope you enjoy my blog. One house rule though: Spam comments will be deleted. I don't need advertisements on my blog. Thanks for your co-operation.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

WISP Assignment 2: War

We have to present our 40% assignment on the monday right after common test, and we barely begins. Of course, reading about the brutal details of the selected event (Cambodia's Killing Field for me) doesn't help, considering how depressing AFA project already is. However, I think it is a more efficient way to learn history, as compared to our secondary school learning style.

As I read on Straits Times' Youthlink, a writer said that history is for us to remember, not memorise. I wholeheartedly agree. I also remember that someone made this painfully true comment: People remembers the date, venue, and the facts of the event, but not the lesson of the event. Perhaps this is way we are still making mistake that had been made before, and continue to pay the price that our forefathers have already paid for us. Perhaps we are taking things for granted too easily?

Going back to WISP, out tutor gives us grade that make us pale, yet she claim that she is very lenient already. Really, I wonder what does she want out of us, out of our presentations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home