Optimism rules!

Hi, I am from Singapore, a Chinese male. That aside, I am a very boring people. So boring that my posts can make you feel sleepy. So if you have insomnia, read my posts. Just kidding, of course. Hope you enjoy my blog. One house rule though: Spam comments will be deleted. I don't need advertisements on my blog. Thanks for your co-operation.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

AFA, AFA, AFA.............

Now that the project is over, we are now concentrating on Consolidation of Statements. It is a 5-weeks major topic, not unlike RFA's Notes to Financial Statement. Anyway, Consolidation is no less tedious than Notes to Financial Statement. Though it has minimal theory, there are around 10 journal entries or more to do. You would have to apply these journal entries to the consolidated Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Like Notes to Financial Statement, a lot of practice is required as there are a lot to write, and you have limited time to complete your paper during the exam.

However, I don't find it too difficult at the moment. Maybe because our tutor forced us to do tutorial everyweek (and fine $1 to those who didn't do). Believe me, after 4 tutorials of Consolidation of Statements, I am so sick of the topic already. However, I will continue to persevere on. I will not let my effort go to waste. So my advise to fellow students now doing APT: Do your tutorial constantly no matter how difficult it is or how busy you are. If you are consistently paced, you won't be totally clueless and confused during the study break, and you will have more time to devote to other modules.

Speaking of AFA project, it weighs 15% of the entire module, even though it is the most tedious and difficult project I have ever done. On the other hand, our marketing project weighs 20%. And what do we have to do? No report on microsoft word. Just a 20 minutes powerpoint presentation, and a hard copy to be submitted to tutor. What a discrepancy. Nevertheless, I do not resent doing the AFA project, for it is really an opportunity to learn and stretch our ability. Financial consultancy appears to be a handy skill to possess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home