Optimism rules!

Hi, I am from Singapore, a Chinese male. That aside, I am a very boring people. So boring that my posts can make you feel sleepy. So if you have insomnia, read my posts. Just kidding, of course. Hope you enjoy my blog. One house rule though: Spam comments will be deleted. I don't need advertisements on my blog. Thanks for your co-operation.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Silkroad of Love (a.k.a. 1Si 4Lu)

Wow! Just purchased Fish Leong's latest album, "Silkroad of Love", and what a great album it is. Fish certainly redeemed herself from the huge disappointment that her previous album "4Yan 3Wei 2Die" created, at least for me. "4Yan 3Wei 2Die" consists of 11 songs, among which "1Jie 4Shou" (Accept) is one of my favourite songs of Fish's. "2Ning 4Xia" is a cute song, but, like the rest of the 9 songs, is also forgettable.

What a shame, especially after her Greatest Hits+New Songs album, "4Lian 4Ai 3De 4Li 4Liang" (The Power of Love). It features 10 of her most popular songs from her 1st 5 albums. Imagine having a greatest hit album after just 5 albums! Needless to say, I love all the 10 songs. As for the other 10 new songs, several of them reach the greatness of her most popular songs. The rest of them are hardly comparable to the best works of Fish's, but are listenable. It is this album that makes me a fan of Fish. I was so eager to buy her 6th album, "Yan Wei Die", but was so displeased with it after sampling through the songs. Manage to get hold of the song "Jie Shou" through the purchase of "Rock Super" compilation, which also features Fish's hit single "1Hua 2Yuan" (Garden) which I also love.

Now that I have listened to her 7th album "Si Lu", I couldn't be more pleased. I was expecting some bad songs. Of its 10 songs, they are all listenable! The album more or less reach the level of the new songs segment of her great "Lian Ai De Li Liang" album. The by-product I got from the purchase of this album is a 2006 calender set, which has 6 nice photos of Fish. :-D However, it does not state the public holidays or the lunar calender, much less school holidays. Beside, it came in poster form, so displaying it would be troublesome. Still, I am glad to have it as it is a limited edition calender restricted to the first batch of goods.

Conclusion: If you like Fish Leong, do not hesitate. Buy her latest album "Si lu" now!

P.S. I am not paid advertising fee by Rock Record. I am doing a mini advert for Fish as a fan. ^_^

P.S. 2 I am listening to the album now. ;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home