Optimism rules!

Hi, I am from Singapore, a Chinese male. That aside, I am a very boring people. So boring that my posts can make you feel sleepy. So if you have insomnia, read my posts. Just kidding, of course. Hope you enjoy my blog. One house rule though: Spam comments will be deleted. I don't need advertisements on my blog. Thanks for your co-operation.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Event communication

Even though I often complaint about hoe tedious and stressful this IS(Inter-disciplinary studies) module is, I am glad that I actually took up this module. I learnt quite a lot from this module, and the module actually pushed me to my limit (probably even stretched my limit). The 30% report demands us to put in what we want for an event, and it includes every little thing: The objective of the event, target audiences, day of the event, admission fee and collection method or free admission, hire of relevant staffs and costs of labour, the various programmes and the contents of each program, the utilities and the endless items required (shall I also mention the costs and the suppliers?), venue, official budget, advertising and marketing style.

These are just the headings and the sub-headings of the report. Try completing it within a couple of weeks with 2 other group members, and juggling this assignment with the equally tedious AFA project and the tutorial of other modules.

As tough as it was, I learnt to be more appretiative of the various events that I attend. It takes a lot of commitment, patient, management, manpower, and money to organise a major event. I also learnt the necessary skills that could prepare me for the future. You need not be a professional event planner to use event communication. Even lecturers of Ngee Ann Poly also need to use event communications.

It is also an interesting module. Whenever I go for an event or the likes, I would tend to evaluate the performance of event planning, detect faults and learn from it. Better yet, acquire the successful uniqueness of the event and probably apply it in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home