Optimism rules!

Hi, I am from Singapore, a Chinese male. That aside, I am a very boring people. So boring that my posts can make you feel sleepy. So if you have insomnia, read my posts. Just kidding, of course. Hope you enjoy my blog. One house rule though: Spam comments will be deleted. I don't need advertisements on my blog. Thanks for your co-operation.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

An unusual day

Part 1: Stood Up

Today I was suppose to meet my classmates for steamboat dinner at Marina Bay. However, the gathering was cancelled somehow the night before at midnight. I found this incident painfully familiar. I wonder why are they always busy. However, what really irks me is that they actually agreed to the gathering before changing their mind one by one at the last minute. If they are not free, or don't even want to go in the first place, why even bother agreeing to go? This only makes me feel cheated.

Part 2: Company hunt

At noon, I received Ailing's no.1 sms. I called her and told her that the rest of my day is cleared by the cancellation of the gathering. So we decided to go to our respective attachment comapanies to get outselves familiarise with the location and the travel time.

First, we went to F&N in Tuas where Ailing was attached to. She already had to travel for around 1 hour on bus and mrt from her house to Boon Lay MRT station. To her surprised, we actually had to travel for another 25 minutes on bus from Boon Lay interchange to the company, during off-peak hour! And that excludes waiting time!

Next, we went to Micron Semi Conductor in Boon Keng where I am attached to. Similarly, it is a long journey there from my house, but my situation is far better than Ailing's. It was only a 2 minutes walk from Boon Keng MRT station. In fact, there are plenty of shops and food outlets near the company. There would be lots of choices for me during lunchtime. In fact, there is also this 24-hour DVD rental kiosk nearby. Last but not least, there is also this Chinese acupunch(spell?) and massage.

Part 3: Reunion

After our company hunt ended, we separated at Dhougby Gauht MRT station before I went to meet Jasmine and Elisa at Suntec city where they were working. It has been ages since we last met and you won't know how much I missed them. We had dinner at a hawker center there before going to Carrefour and doing a bit of window shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home